Didactic beards and an audiovisual documentary allow visitors to learn the difference between check lace and needlework, to distinguish them and know more about different lace instruments. Indeed, to appreciate the different piece of lace quality, presented in the three thematic exposition room, you have to understand technicals. Furthermore, observing lacemaker taht we try to understand the magic of this traditional knowledge.
In the 18th and 19th century that lace was fashion. In 1800’s, the creation of wool lace revive the lace sector. Arlance got its knowledge about needlework in 1875 and called it « Renaissance ». Even queen Victoria got a dress from Chabrier.
Opening day and hours in 2014. For individuals :
- from 01/05 to 30/06 : week-ends and public holiday 14h-18h
- from 01/07 to 31/08 : all days from 10h to 12h30 and from 14h to 18h.
- from 01/07 to 30/09 : week-ends 14h/18h. Block booking :
- all year on reservation (minimum 15 people).
- children from 6 to 16 yers old : 1€50
- children less 6 yeaars old : free
- adult groups and +16 years old : 12€50 starting from 15 people.
- children groups —s6) : 1€.
For all request, contact the municipality. Common ticket office at your disposal. Adult : 7€50 Cildren : 4€ (6-16).
Musée de la Dentelle
Tél : 04 73 95 00 03