Two jobs, two people :
- Beekeeping with Vincent
- Culture of red fruit and jam with Anne-Marie.
About 130 hives in 6 apiaries, mostly in mountain areas. We produce honey lime, forest, tree, acacia and honey mountain which represents the bulk of our production. Pollen also comes from the mountain area. Many products are derived from these honeys :
- candied hazelnuts
- in winter, the Florentines, chocolates, cookies and shuffleboard.
RED FRUIT CROPS
In about 1.5 hectares we grow strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, blackberries, rhubarb, dandelions (wild collection) !
- no chemical fertilizers,
- only natural fertilizers and biological treatments. Blueberries are wild and collected in the Forez. Our fruits are transformed into :
- grout and spirits (brandy, liqueurs and aperitifs) these products are produced in small quantities, 6 kg up with organic cane sugar.
The Chaudron du Fournioux welcomes you :
- from 15 June to 15 September : Open Monday to Saturday from 14:30 to 18:00 (closed on Sundays and the last week of August).
- off season by reservation
- for groups to require.
Le Chaudron du Fournioux Anne-Marie et Vincent CALVES Fournioux 63590 LA CHAPELLE AGNON 04 73 72 26 62 www.chaudron-du-fournioux.fr